Official blog of Wade Brown's 2012 campaign for Congress.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Conaway votes to "protect" me

Congressman Conaway has a press release entitled "Conaway votes to protect hard working Texans from Washington Waste"

In order to analyze Mr. Conaway's "protection," I'll look at a couple of quotes from Mr. Conaway.

Mr. Conaway Quote 1:  " . . . we finally reached a fair and bipartisan compromise that meets the budget goals laid out last summer."

The "budget goals" that Mr. Conaway approves are those of the Budget Control Act of 2011, which he voted for, and which included a trillion dollar deficit.
Consider this quote from Congressman Tom McClintock:  "All told, this bill [HR 2055 of Dec 2011] cements total authorized federal spending for FY 2012 at $3.693 trillion with revenue of only $2.635 trillion, assuring another one trillion dollar-plus budget deficit."  (See Mr. McClintock's analysis here:  http://mcclintock.house.gov/2011/12/vote-note-hr-2055---consolidated-appropriations-act-of-2012-no.shtml)

Mr. Conaway Quote 2:  ". . . this legislation is a tangible step forward on the march towards fiscal sanity."

Mr. Conaway, how can approval of a trillion dollar deficit and this 486-page smorgasbord of spending constitute a "step towards fiscal sanity"?  You voted to borrow $146 million, to be repaid with added interest by our own children, in order to support the National Endowment for the Arts.  Need I say more?  [I am not against the Arts - I just don't believe the Arts justify deficit spending by a federal government that has clearly exceeded the limits of Constitutional intent.]

Let's return to the title of Mr. Conaway's press release.  It reads, "Conaway votes to protect hard working Texans from Washington Waste"

The vote that would have protected me would have been an UNCOMPROMISING vote AGAINST deficit spending and AGAINST debt ceiling increases.  86 Republicans voted to protect me; Mr. Conaway wasn't one of them.

The solution:  a line in the sand behind which U.S. REPRESENTATIVES STAND, REPRESENT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE and say "No more deficits!  No more debt limit increases!"  I have drawn my sword; I have drawn that line.  Had I been in Congress for this vote, I would have provided protection not only for hard working Texans, but more importantly, I would have provided protection for our children and the generations to come.  When the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said that our greatest strategic national security threat is our national debt, I believed him.

My message to the voters:  You need not vote for Mr. Conaway.  He has had four terms in office to represent us.  Just be sure to vote your conscience, and in the end our country will prosper.

-w

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. The Wade Brown 2012 blog is currently moderated to screen out spam and vulgar content.